Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (IX)

Thanks to the Story Siren for the creation of this fun meme and Alea for the inspiration.

Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert

Kara hasn't been back to Oak Park since the end of junior year, when a heroin overdose nearly killed her and sirens heralded her exit. Four years later, she returns to face the music. Her life changed forever back in high school: her family disintegrated, she ran around with a whole new crowd of friends, she partied a little too hard, and she fell in love with gorgeous bad-boy Adrian, who left her to die that day in Scoville Park....
Amid the music, the booze, the drugs, and the drama, her friends filled a notebook with heartbreakingly honest confessions of the moments that defined and shattered their young lives. Now, finally, Kara is ready to write her own.


Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have by Allen Zadoff


What’s worse than being fat your freshman year?
Being fat your sophomore year.
 
Life used to be so simple for Andrew Zansky–hang with the Model UN guys, avoid gym class, and eat and eat and eat. He’s used to not fitting in: into his family, his sports-crazed school, or his size 48 pants. But not anymore. Andrew just met April, the new girl at school and the instant love of his life! He wants to find a way to win her over, but how? When O. Douglas, the heartthrob quarterback and high-school legend, saves him from getting beaten up by the school bully, Andrew sees his chance to get in with the football squad. Is it possible to reinvent yourself in the middle of high school? Andrew is willing to try. But he’s going to have to make some changes. Fast. Can a funny fat kid be friends with a football superstar? Can he win over the Girl of his Dreams? Can he find a way to get his mom and dad back together? How far should you go to be the person you really want to be? Andrew is about to find out. 



I also got a big box from Harper, but I'm not sure what is in it as I am at school and the box is at home! 

21 comments:

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I can't wait to read Ballads. Happy reading!

the story siren said...

awesome books! go home and open that box! :)

Lizzy said...

Ballads looks great, and I've only heard great things about it. Hope you enjoy it, and happy reading!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Looks like a lot of fun books!

Enjoy!

http://booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/08/in-my-mailbox-4.html

Briana said...

I'm so excited to read Ballads of Suburbia. I don't think I've read a bad review of it.

-Briana

go with happiness said...

Ballads looks so cool! I really want it! Happy Reading!

a flight of minds said...

I need to get to reading Ballads. It's sitting on my shelf.. Food, Girls sounds really funny. Happy reading!

- ALex

Fantastic Book Review said...

I've heard good things about BOS. Happy Reading!

Jenna said...

sounds exciting. It is amazing to see how many books there are. :P
x.
sorrowfulgoodbyes.blogspot.com

Thao said...

I heard that Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have was great. Can't wait to read what you think of it

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. They both look so good. Hope you enjoy reading them.

A Passion For Books said...

These look really great! Happy reading!

Jessica said...

Haha mystery box! Go home and open that great box of goodies! Happy reading!

Miss Eliza said...

And now for something completely different...I gave you an award! Come stop by my blog, Strange & Random Happenstance to get it!

Andrea [Buried In Books] said...

hi Tasha!

It looks like we have some similar book interests so I'm now following your blog :]

Feel free to vist mine also:

http://ireadd.blogspot.com

I'm kind of new to this so any suggestions are welcome!

Oh & be sure to enter the contest I'm running!

Thanks ;]

--Andrea

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

Nina said...

Have fun reading the awesome books you got!

Unknown said...

Hey I was wondering if you wanted to do a link exchange! Your blog is pretty cool :D!

www.themoodyteenager.blogspot.com

Kara said...

I really wanna read Ballads of Suburbia... especially since my name is Kara. I've never heard of another person (or character) that has my name :)

Unknown said...

I've never heard of "food, Girls, and Other things I can't Have," but it looks hilarious and fantastic!
Ballads also looks great!
I hope you'll post reviews of both!

YA Book Queen said...

Ballads looks so awesome. Ooh, a mystery box...*intrigue*.

Have fun reading!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin