Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Best of 2008


This year I think I read more books within the year then I ever have before, and I loved every minute of it! As the year comes to a close though I have to highlight my top fifteen that were published in 2008. I've read over 200 books this year so obviously there are many to chose from and so many more that I did not get a chance to read. Note that these are in no particular order and these choices are just my opinion.

1. Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers
2. Paper Towns by John Green
3. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
4. Undone by Brooke Taylor
5. House of Dance by Beth Kephart
6. Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher
7. Alive and Well in Prague, New York by Daphne Grab
8. Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle
9. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
10. Trouble by Gary D. Schmidt
11. Little Friendly Advice by Siobhan Vivian
12. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
13. Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway
14. The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti
15. Violet in Private by Melissa Walker

And I just have to mention one of my other favorite books of the year that won't be published until Spring 2009, but I can't help share it with you all and hopefully get a little pre-publication buzz going, SOUL ENCHILADA by David Macinnis Gill.

Best of luck in the New Year and lookout for a great contest and a hopefully fun filled post tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Hey Tasha,

Award for you!!

http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2009/01/thanks-so-much.html

-Lauren

Melissa Walker said...

Thanks for including Violet on this list of fabulous names!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin