Monday, December 1, 2008

The Return of a Long Lost Blogger!!!

Okay so about a month ago I posted telling everyone that I finally had a handle on my schoolwork and all that jazz right! Well I lied because the week after was the last week of the trimester and then exams, so the only reading I was able to do was out of my textbooks! Then we had a brief break, but not much was accomplished as I had family come into town. Finally I got a week off for Thanksgiving and I’m caught up on many outstanding reviews (although I still do have a few books in the review pile) and have gotten the chance to read some fabulous, fabulous books. So now I have a stash of fifteen or so reviews that will keep all you readers hopefully much entertained for the next couple weeks while I’m at school and won’t have as much time as I did at home to read!

The weekly contest/game that I mentioned in my last post will go on as I have a stack of books about 3 feet high (no joke!) to give away. So next Sunday look for a fun trivia question to answer in order to win a fabulous prize! Any authors and/or publicists looking to donate prizes just let me know as it would be very much appreciated.

O and the winner of the 4th City of Ember book, Diamond of Darkhold, is Shelly Burns! Shoot me a quick email with your address and I’ll pop the book in the mail.

Author Visits. Well as school work started to pile up I kind of forgot that Fridays were supposed to be author visits, as I was keener on the end of the week, and I apologize to all of you that enjoyed the feature. More so though, I want to apologize to all the authors who I scheduled something with and then forgot (especially a certain author, whose book was just fabulous. Courtney look for an email in your inbox from me!). I promise that the feature will be up and running hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Any authors looking to do a guest blog or interview, please shoot me an email (andanotherbookread@gmail.com) as I would love, love, love to have you. Also if any authors/publicist want a review done, I would be more then happy too.

And to kick off my re-entering of the of the blogosphere I have a little contest. Just comment here and tell me your favorite book of 2008 (so far). Link to my contest? Get an extra 2 entries. Already a follower +3, become a follower +2. The prize you may ask? An ARC of Paper Towns by John Green. Fabulous, fabulous book that I’m sure all will love. All comments need to be in by Saturday December 6 at 12 PM E.S.T. This contest is only open to the U.S.

Have a great week everybody and look out for some new reviews tomorrow!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're finally back! I look forward to those reviews you have ready and waiting for us!

Seriously, you can't ask that question. How is someone supposed to pick one book that they like most out of the entire year? I think it would have to be Living Dead Girl, Leftovers, I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, or the book I'm read now: Soulless. I've probably left out some of the ones that I loved, but those are the ones that come to mind.

I'm following your blog and I've posted about the contest on my site.

MySharonAnne said...

Welcome back. My favorite book so far is Graceling by Kristin Cashore.

Hillary said...

Welcome back! I've missed your reviews!

My favorite book of 2008 is definitely Breaking Dawn.

"Peace, Love and Happiness" said...

Hey, i would have to say that my Favorite book of 2008 (besides Breaking Dawn)is It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.In my opinion it is an awesome book and i absolutely love the reviews by Teen Vogue(" A book about depression that's not the least bit depressing") and The New York times Book Review(" Insightful and utterly authentic, this is an important book") and i totally agree with those statements some parts are hilarious some are kinda sad and some are just completely and utterly insane but in the end it is a fun and interesting book and i hope 1 day decide to read it.

PJ Hoover said...

I'll go with Madapple by Christina Meldrum!

Shalonda said...

Hi, Tasha!

My favorite book of 2008 is Paper Towns! I just finished reading it and loved it.

I have become a follower of your blog and linked your contest to my Contests! sidebar. However, do not enter me in the contest. I want someone else to read this wonderful book!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'd love to win this one! I have been dying to read it after reading all of the reviews. I will have to go with some of the others and say, Breaking Dawn has been my fav so far.

Anonymous said...

I subscribe via RSS feed, but now I'm a follower too!

Meredith said...

Hmm, favorite book of 2008? That is soo tough!!

So far I have liked the Meg Powers series, The Lucky One, Sweet Seasons series by Debbie Viguie, The Kingdom Keepers, Into the Wild and Out of the Wild, The Magician, The Juliet Club, Generation Dead, Rumors, The Study series by Maria V. Snyder, To Catch a Pirate, Lily Dale: Believing, Nobody's Princess and Nobody's Prize, Pretty Face, Don't Hex With Texas, Exodus by Julia Bertagna, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, The Looking Glass Wars and Seeing Redd, The Bard Academy series, The Squad series, The Faerie Path series, The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney, Golden and Platinum, Tattoo, School of Fortune, Family Trust, Legally Blonde, Meet Your Match.

And those are just the ones that popped out at me from my Amazon list of books that I have read. It's much too hard to pick one of them. So, I pick most of them. Because some books, I just didn't like.

~Meredith

Meredith said...

I meant books that I read this year, that I didn't list-those were the ones I didn't like that much.

Also, I already follow you on Blogger.

~Meredith

Readingjunky said...

Welcome back. Hope the holidays gives you a break from school and more time to read the "fun" stuff.

My favorite book this year is THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins. I really enjoyed it, and I've had a great time watching my students get into it. Even had to buy a second copy so they wouldn't fight over it too much.

Liviania said...

My favorite of 2008 is probably . . . really hard to decide. Let's say what I loved most recently was LAMENT.

Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

I blogged about this here

Unknown said...

My favorite book so far is Matrimony by Joshua Henkin.

I just became a new follower, too!

Wrighty said...

Welcome back! I don't know how you can possibly take on school and a blog at the same time. You do a great job! It's so hard to choose one book. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein was really good and the author was amazing.

I'm a follower now and I've added this to my blog. All of your contests sound like fun! Thanks!

www.wrightysreads.blogspot.com
5wrights1@verizon.net

The Fox Reads said...

ooh, welcome back to the blogging world!

my favorite book of 2008 would definitely have to be... uhm a tie between Breaking Dawn, The Hunger Games and The Host...

so yeah, i linked to your contest on my blog: http://thefoxreads.blogspot.com/

and became a follower because i was planning on it anyways lol

Amanda said...

My favorite book this year would be Identical by Ellen Hopkins!

I am a follower and I linked your contest on my sidebar!

I'm really excited about reading Paper Towns!

Paradox said...

My favorite book of 2008 so far would be Gone by Michael Grant. Unwind by Neal Schusterman is a close second.

I linked to the contest on my blog:
http://paradoxrevealed.blogspot.com/

I also signed up a while ago to be a follower of the blog.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh gosh, my favorite of 08? This is kind of hard...but I guess I'll say I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert. The book was awesome and I can't wait for her second novel to come out this summer!!!

-Lauren
lauren51990 at aol dot com

nadine said...

Welcome Back. My fav. in 2008 would have to be Just Listen By Sarah Dessen. I really love her work.

=)
TruBlu

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! My favorite book of 2008 would have to be Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer.

Mariah
penguinqueen@hotmail.com

Charlotte said...

Um, so many good books. I'm going to go with The Hunger Games as my favorite!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

wait..am i late? was it due by NOON or is it due by MIDNIGHT? if so, i did enter...but i am now following you and i blogged:

http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2008/12/linky-love.html

-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

donnas said...

Welcome Back.

Hard hard question. But one of my top favorite reads of the year was The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman.

Anonymous said...

Fave book of the year would have to be The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It was totally everything you wanted in a book.

I really hope I win I really want a copy of Paper Towns. I currently follow your blog so that should help out. Great contest! Thanks for the oppurtunity!

Megan said...

Hmm...I'm trying to think of all the books that I've read in 2008. I guess my favorite would be The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks! Gotta love some E. Lockhart!

Yan said...

Aw I'm too late...but I'd still like to add my favorite book, which was The Host ehehe =D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin