Sunday, January 27, 2008

Perfect by Sara Shepard


Perfect is the third installment in the Pretty Little Liars Series. I am anxiously anticipating the release of the fourth so I can find out what happens next!! I advise you not to read my review if you haven't read the first two books, because while I will not spoil this book, the review may spoil the other two.



It has been a month since Toby Cavanaugh's funeral and a month since the girls have gotten any messages from A. Could A have been Toby?? Most certainly not because A is soon back, and Toby is definitely not. Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily still aren't to fond of each other, but keep getting brought back together to try and crack the case of who A is. As for their day-to-day lives, they are just as busy and bad as ever. Aria, her mom kicked her dad out of the house and Aria too, she has no choice but to go live with her boyfriend Sean. When Sean catches her with Ezra, on a tip from A, Sean kicks her out and gets Ezra arrested leaving Aria without a place to go. Hanna and her best friend Mona have been on the rocks ever since Foxy, but with Mona's seventeenth birthday rolling around, will they be able to kiss and make up? Hanna's also befriended Lucas, a boy that has always liked Hanna, even when she was chubby. Emily has no doubt about who she wants to be with, but her parents do. After A distributes pictures at a swim meet of Emily and Maya kissing, Em's parents offer her the choice of moving to her Aunt Helene's farm or joining Tree Tops, a group that helps gay people realize they're not gay. Spencer has become a celebrity. Her teacher nominated her essays for the prestigious Golden Orchid awards, but Spencer doesn't think this is such as good as it's supposed to be. See she didn't write those essays, and once the person who did finds out, Spencer knows she's done. Spencer also comes to find out that she has a natural gift of blacking out when something horrific happens. For example, pushing a girl down with all her might...When one of the girls cracks the A case, A's not to happy and gets rid of them. Which girl is it? Do the other girls know to? Is Ali's killer one of the four other best friends?


These books just keep getting better and better. Perfect is my favorite book out of all three because the characters become so much more interesting. New drama is created and new characters are introduced. Sara Shepard has made me feel that I am actually standing on one of many perfectly manicured curbs in Rosewood. The new book, Unbelievable, comes out at the end of May/beginning of June and the identity of A is supposedly going to be revealed!! I am beyond excited and eager to read the fates of Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer. I recommend this whole series to all girls and urge you to go get them from your library or the book store!


Who do you think the killer is? Who is A? I would love to know what you think and be able to talk about who is who! Email me at andanotherbookread@gmail.com or leave a comment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, thankyou so much i just finished flawless and i was getting a little bored. i thought A was Kate but... i cant wait, im going to the library right now!

Anonymous said...

I think A would be Jenna! It did say You hurt me, so I'll hurt you

Anonymous said...

I think A is Mona, because they always used to tease her and leave her out .and in the first book she was always near them.

Anonymous said...

ok im gonna give something big away ... A is Mona but Mona dies and they still keep getting messages from A!

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, I believe that A is Ian, the boy who Spencer kissed when he was dating Melissa her sucessful older sister.. Melissa then broke it off with Ian. I can't wait until the end of the series, but I can't find "Perfect" anywhere.. I've looked at 3 bookstores and at a couple different libraries. Still no luck:(

Anonymous said...

I just started reading the series and thought at first it was either Ian or Melissa, but then I did some "research" and it's Mona. But she died, and I am trying to figure out who the new A is...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin