Thursday, February 7, 2008

My first meme!!

Well the Story Siren tagged me for this meme and I am very excited to fill it out!! So here goes my responses, I hope you like them!!

Which book do you irrationally cringe away from reading, despite seeing only positive reviews? Honestly?
I’m not sure I’ve met a book that I have cringed away from. I am open to trying new books of every kind. I will especially read a book if it has good reviews.

If you could bring three characters to life for a social event (afternoon tea, a night of clubbing, perhaps a world cruise), who would they be and what would the event be?
I think I would have a dinner party with Anidori from Shannon Hale’s The Goose Girl because I loved this book so much that I would love to meet someone as determined as Ani was. Another person I would invite to my dinner party would be Hermione from the Harry Potter books. She is just so smart that I would just love to be in her presence and maybe she could teach me a few spells to make my homework go faster! The last person I would invite to my dinner party would be Elizabeth Holland from The Luxe. She is a fascinating character and I love how she stood up for true love. My dinner party would definitely be diverse, but none the less it would be fun!!

(Borrowing shamelessly from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde): you are told you can’t die until you read the most boring novel on the planet. While this immortality is great for awhile, eventually you realize it’s past time to die. Which book would you expect to get you a nice grave?
I would have to say Great Expectations by Dickens. I was given the option to read it for English this year and I was like no way!! So yes, I think Great Expectations would make a comfy pillow for a coffin.

Come on, we’ve all been there. Which book have you pretended, or at least hinted, that you’ve read, when in fact you’ve been nowhere near it?
The only book that I have pretended to read is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and I didn't even mean to. I had read most of the book so I had some ground to stand on, but I guess I never finished it, so therefore I was pretending to have read it!! (See next question for further details!!!)

As an addition to the last question, has there been a book that you really thought you had read, only to realize when you read a review about it/go to ‘reread’ it that you haven’t? Which book?
Honestly I think this would have to be the fourth Harry Potter book. I don’t know how it slipped by me, but it certainly did. I went to reread the series this summer in anticipation for the new book and I was like “I don’t remember any of this!” I could have sworn that I finished it, but I guess I never did, or I had a blackout!

You’re interviewing for the post of Official Book Advisor to some VIP (who’s not a big reader). What’s the first book you’d recommend and why? (If you feel like you’d have to know the person, go ahead and personalize the VIP.)
I think I would have to recommend I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder because this is my new favorite book. For a not so big reader it is the perfect book too, because it is an amazing story, but it’s not long at all. What can I say I’m a sucker for love stories and this is definitely one!!

A good fairy comes and grants you one wish: you will have perfect reading comprehension in the foreign language of your choice. Which language do you go with?
I would have to say Latin. I took Latin 1 this year and realized that so much of our language today comes from Latin. Knowing Latin would really help my vocabulary skills and help me boost my SAT score!!

A mischievous fairy comes and says that you must choose one book that you will reread once a year for the rest of your life (you can read other books as well). Which book would you pick?
That would have to be Molly Moon’s Incredible Book of Hypnotism by Georgia Byng. I read this book for the first time in sixth grade and it has been a favorite ever since. The characters are so likeable and the story is awesome. I think I read it pretty much every year anyway!!

I know that the book blogging community, and its various challenges, have pushed my reading borders. What’s one bookish thing you ‘discovered’ from book blogging (maybe a new genre, or author, or new appreciation for cover art—anything)?
I think before I blogged I didn’t really get to share my love (or hatred) of books, so by becoming a book blogger I have learned to really tune my feeling as to whether I really liked the book or if it was just o.k.

That good fairy is back for one final visit. Now, she’s granting you your dream library! Describe it. Is everything leather bound? Is it full of first edition handovers? Pristine trade paperbacks? Perhaps a few favorite authors have inscribed their works? Go ahead—let your imagination run free.
My dream library would be filled to the ceiling with books. I think I would want it to look like Dumbledore’s office in the Harry Potter movies. There would all of my favorite books and plenty of new and unread ones! The authors will have signed all my books and once I have exhausted all the books I will just simply get more!! There will be lots of comfy chairs, especially ones I can lay down on, and good lighting (so I don’t get bad eyes!). Other than that I think I would be in paradise, because one can never have to many books!

I know you’re supposed to tag someone after this, but it seems that every blogger I know has already filled the form out! Now if I have missed you when I was perusing book blogs then I tag you!! Have fun filling the meme out, I know I did!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin