Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Bianca’s parents have taken her away from her small town to move her to Evernight Academy. Bianca can’t believe her world is crumbling like this. I mean she cannot even begin to imagine what it will be like to have to make new friends, especially making friends with the snooty students at Evernight. In a failed attempt to run away Bianca meets Lucas. Lucas isn’t stuck up like all the other Evernight students and he and Bianca immediately forge a friendship. While all the perfect, smart, and too good to be true students at Evernight keep getting better, Bianca finds herself getting more and more lost as the days go by. But as her relationship with Lucas strengthens, she knows that she will be able to make it through with him at her side. As things get tougher and tougher and secrets get unveiled, Bianca realizes that she will do anything for Lucas, but will it hurt her in the end?

OMG!! This is seriously one of the best books I have ever read!! I LOVED it. I was sucked in from the beginning and literally couldn’t put the book down. I mean I fell asleep before I stopped reading, it was that good! I really enjoyed Bianca’s character. I felt like I was able to connect with her a lot, especially because she felt so torn up about leaving the town she had known her whole life. I definitely know how it feels to leave a bunch of great friends and go somewhere where you know no one. Now the absolute greatest thing about this book is the amazing plot twist. The story was moving along just fine and then BANG the whole story changes into something even more spectacular. While there were a few hints as to what was coming, I really never expected it. You may be wondering why I’m not telling you anything about this and really it’s simple, I think it would definitely put a damper on the book. I definitely recommend that you all go no RUN to the nearest bookstore and snatch up your copy before they are all gone - you will not be disappointed. As I’m sure you can imagine I am desperately anticipating the release of the next book in the series, Stargazer, which comes out at the end of the year. This book has seriously opened my eyes to a whole new area of YA books that I am so excited to dive into!

8 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Cool! I am looking forward to reading it.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Yes, I just added you to my blogroll :)

Glad you liked Butterflies too.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Great review! I really can't wait to read this book. :)

-Lauren

Rachael Stein said...

hehe, i'm catching your excitement. now i just need to get this book.... :D

Liv said...

After hearing tons of good things about this book, I'm nearly jumping out of my pants to read it. If only the library would get it in! Great review!

Carolina said...

I loved this book although the beginning was a bit boring for me but the middle and end were great!

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to read this. ^^ Great review, as always.

anotherpageisused said...

great review! cant wait to read it!
want to do a link exchange?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin