Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Winner and A Meme

So first the meme (I am totally trying to build some suspense here!!). So here's the rules:

Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

I was tagged by TONS of people, so if I forget your name I am completely sorry. This is who I know has tagged me: Dominique, Words Speak Volumes, The Book Muncher, Bending Bookshelf, Heather, and Mrs. Magoo Reads

  1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?

We all get constantly asked this question. The answer is always so hard to come up with so I’ve simply started saying too many. I love so many authors that I could never pick just one. So in short I no favorite author I have many favorite authors!


2. Who was your first favorite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?

My first favorite author (that I can remember!!) was Georgia Byng. Why? Well she created the amazing Molly Moon series. I found this book tucked into the shelves when I had just turned eleven. I had a gift card to the bookstore and thought well why not get this book as it sounds pretty good and hey I’m buying it with a gift card!! Wow, did I ever fall in love with that book!! I think I have seriously read it five or six times along with all of the books that follow in the series. I definitely still consider Ms. Georgia Byng to be one of my favorite authors.

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?

I think the most recent addition to my list would have to be a tie between Daphne Grab and Elizabeth Scott. I was introduced to both of them a couple of months ago and seriously fell in love with their writing. They seem to both capture emotion really well and just seriously pulled me into their stories!!

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?

Hmm…well after the millions of names that just popped into my head I’m just going to name a bunch that I thought of: Daphne Grab, Elizabeth Scott, Melissa Walker, Beth Kephart, Libba Bray, J.K. Rowling (of course!!), Sarah Dessen, Georgia Byng, Meg Cabot, Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Regina Scott, Jennifer Banash, Brooke Taylor, Claudia Gray, Maureen Johnson and Shannon Hale.

Since almost everyone has been tagged for this I'm at a loss for who to tag. If you haven't been tagged yet and you want to participate consider this your tag!!

_____________________________________________________________


Now for the winner!!!!

Congratulations to:

Breanna

Please contact me within 72 hours with your address or else I will have to pick a new winner.


2 comments:

Breanna said...

Thank you so much! I sent my info. a little while ago. Hope you got it.

Thanks again!

-Breanna

Regina Scott said...

What an amazing list of favorite authors! I'm so honored to be among them. Meg Cabot is one of my all-time favorites too! And Brooke Taylor is a real up-and-comer. Watch out for that girl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin